Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Where did November go?

As I enjoy reading other quilter's blogs tonight, I realized I haven't posted in weeks. Where did November go? I have finished up several tops and quilts for my Linus group as we give a 75 Christmas quilts to a group that has a special Christmas party for sick kids.

I have also been teaching a kids after school sewing class, so every Sunday night I dash around madly getting things together for Monday's class. It's a great group of 7 girls, one of whom has taken every after school class I've taught. She always finishes quickly, so I need a spare project to keep her going and inspired, although she likes "free sew" as well.

I need to finish the quilting and binding on my SFRR quilt ... I started with some folk-style hand quilting, but I've pulled that out since I think some machine quilting might suit it (and my time frame) better. After I finish up Thanksgiving dinner for 16, I need to get back to that project! To add a little photo interest to this post, here's a picture of my variation of Bonnie's Tobacco Road. It's a cozy couch quilt, and a fun way to use some of my browns and reds. I finished up the binding last month.

1 comment:

Tonya Ricucci said...

your Tobacco Road quilt is lovely. Great mix of colors.