Monday, December 15, 2008

Instant Gratification



Even though I have some bigger projects in mind, I always come back to the instant gratification of comfort quilts. I was playing with my 2.5" strips and whipped up this Chinese coins top and a bordered box quilt. Fun colors that I hope will give a child something fun to look at.
















I recently purchased Gwen Marston's Collaborative Quilts book and am very inspired by her whimsical style. I pulled out a small friendship start quilt (30 x 40) that I had made from some leftover half square triangles. I started adding borders and lots of brights and black and whites ... I really like how it's coming along! However, I have some Christmas eve jammies I need to finish (a tradition in our house), so I'm putting it aside while I finish those.

4 comments:

Carol E. said...

cute quilts! I want to see the jammies, too.

Browndirtcottage said...

wow...these are wonderful...i love gwen marston too!! she just takes the 'pressure' off doesn't she!

Browndirtcottage said...

me again wendy...i'm so glad you came over for a visit!! thank you....come again ok!

Tonya Ricucci said...

Woohoo for Collaborative Quilting - lots of fun to be had there.