Sunday, May 10, 2009

Stitching in Silence

Happy mother's day to all the moms out there - my kids gave me some wonderful cards and poems!

I'm still stitching this and that, but haven't had anything very exciting to post. A few charity tops and the rest of my Judy Niemeyer quarter circles are done, but I won't have my table runner completed to share at tomorrow's guild meeting. Here are a few charity tops - 2 use Mary's quick strippy pattern - really a fun way to feature a kid print!





I was very excited to visit a friend who let me shop her stash for the perfect 1800 repro fabrics to add to the next round of the spring fling round robin. I didn't have anything that looked good, but she had a fabulous selection. So nice to be able to share with friends!! Now I just need to start stitching the ideas in my head.

I have been having fun helping my daughter make some new clothes for her doll - she runs out of steam if I leave her on her own, but she has made some great outfits when I help out here and there. We've been inspired by the photos and patterns in the book Dressing Dolls with Rosemarie Ionker - a great book to make doll clothes in many sizes.

No comments: