Friday, September 4, 2009

Back to School and Time for Myself




My kids went back to school this week giving me more time to work on projects in my sewing room. I finished up several tops and quilts for linus, which look good blowing in the breeze. We like to give out holiday-themed quilts at the hospital when appropriate, so I made two with Halloween fabrics.

I have been working on some swap blocks, both for a swap among some guild friends and an online swap on flickr. Of course, I end up making extra blocks to try out patterns and different fabric combinations, so I see an orphan block quilt in my future.


I had a chance to finish binding this twin sized quilt for a local boy's shelter. It is Bonnie's TATW pattern using some space motif fabric, I love this pattern for a larger charity quilt. I hope it gives a boy some comfort.

I also packed up a box of fabric and sewing supplies for the ibol project - check it out and see what one soldier is doing to foster goodwill. I'm really impressed with his project and glad I could contribute.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yes, my kids are back too. A little more routine now. Beautiful quilts in the works.