Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

Wishing everyone joy and peace in 2010! As others have commented, I, too, cannot believe it has been 10 years since we all worried about Y2K! Time really does fly ...


I was playing with free-pieced houses and my daughter wished for this one on her wall. She chose the tree fabric, although in retrospect I wish there was more contrast with the background. Guess we'll just have to imagine the tree is lost in the snowstorm of the background snowflakes. I hand quilted it while traveling to and from my grandmother's birthday in November, and added a few beads to the tree for holiday sparkle.



I also finished up two more comfort quilts for the year. The second quilt shown was made from a salesman sample pack featuring all the fabrics of the Cranston Fabric line "Rain Dancing." It was fun to work with all the prints, but I only had a little bit of each. The pieced binding used up the last little bits.


Our comfort quilt group met last week and had a wonderful time visiting and working on whatever struck our mood. Several of us made little felt pins, inspired by one woman's creations, buttons in a button box and also by "fanciful felt pins" in Salley Mavor's book Felt Wee Folk. My 10 yo dd joined us and made a wonderful gingerbread pin. She wants to skip school and join us again next time we meet.


1 comment:

Sharon said...

Looks like you've been busy! I love your Rain Dance comfort quilt. You did a great job with a limited amount of fabric.

Your little felt pins are great! I think your DD did a wonderful job on hers! I can see why she want to cut school to come with you next time. I don't blame her!

Happy New Year! I hope your year is filled with love, laughter and lots of creative time.