The August RSC call for neutrals fit right in with what I was doing this week. I follow along the Yahoo HeartStrings group which has a dark/neutral challenge going on right now. I hadn't pulled out my neutral strings for many moons, so I easily made 48 nine-inch string blocks with neutrals on one side and (somewhat) ugly darks on the other. I still have many blue scraps floating around my sewing room, so I put together 12 string blocks with blues and neutrals for a table runner. This will be gifted, probably for the holidays, so it feels great that I only need to finish sewing down the binding!
Check out the other RSC activity and be inspired!
8 comments:
Neutrals and darks should make for some fun quilting. Always a good feeling to get a leg up on making gifts.
Love your string blocks!
String blocks are THE BEST!! LOVE them (and your projects made from these scrappy strings!)
Evan "ugly" fabrics can turn into great blocks. Love what you came up with.
I really like your string block projects! The blue table runner will be a great gift, and the larger piece with the reds running through the blocks is really eye-catching!
I love string blocks. Your projects turned out great!
Don't think I've ever seen those string blocks with red turn into boxes, very unique and dramatic. Keep up the good work!
It certainly looks like you were inspired by the neutrals, and so productive, very pretty.
Post a Comment