Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Hands2Help - Quilts On Their Way

I am participating in Hands2Help 2019 and mailed two quilts this morning.

This quilt came from my green scrap bin with lots of wonky rectangles and 4 dancing stars. I quilted with an edge-to-edge ripple-type design, and added a simple label. It is going to Quilty Hugs.




This second quilt was finished a while ago, but needed a good home. When I was the comfort quilt chair for our guild, I made lots of kits for guild members to finish. I sometimes saw fabrics that I just "had" to save a bit of, and collected a pile of favorites. I made these 8.5" cracker blocks out of those fabrics. I quilted several different designs in the light areas between the blocks, and quilted each of the cracker blocks with the same wishbone and loop design. The finished quilt is 75" x 93" and fits nicely on a full size bed, so I donated it to the Carolina Hurricane Quilt Project.



Fun pieced backings are my favorite!


Thank you to Sarah for organizing this great charity quilt drive! It's so fun to see the wonderful quilts everyone is making and donating to very worthy causes.


3 comments:

Sarah Craig said...

Wendy, your quilts are lovely! I particularly like the cracker block quilt - I forget about that fun block, but it makes up into such a lovely quilt!

BunkHouseQuilts said...

Love them both, what a great way to use up your scraps.

Cathy said...

Super quilts! I was really drawn to your multi-colored cracker blocks quilt because I’m doing one (slowly but surely) for myself. Your quilting is delightful!