Tuesday, September 1, 2020

On The Diagonal

 Back when I made a bunch of 12" Split 9-Patch blocks, I arranged the second pile into a furrows layout (I posted about my first top here.) Lots of fun scrappy fabrics in big blocks. Sometimes I like the immediate gratification of using my stash in a comfort quilt! The top was finished a few months ago, but now it is quilted, bound and ready for donation.


Quilted with a square spiral across the blocks and elongated loops around the border, it finished at 47" x 59".


I found a perfect bright fabric for the backing. Given to me by a friend when she moved away, it made me remember fun times we sewed together when I pulled it out of my stash.



I also recently quilted this Quilt of Valor, pieced together volunteer topper. A simple design with big blocks, but I think the bold graphics of the star fabric and the stripe fabric are terrific! The fabrics do all the talking.









No comments: