I love any excuse to make a baby quilt! This is for my husband's niece. I purchased the animal panel several years ago at our guild's quilt show. It has been patiently waiting in my stash for the perfect project. The Thicket Little Critter panel is by Gingiber for Moda Fabrics.
I pulled out my black and white prints and cut 3" squares for this quilt, with a few solids added here and there. I shopped my stash and found plenty of whimsical prints to add to the mix, and of course I have enough fabric to make five more quilts. The animals are surrounded with eight different solid colors and measure 9" x 12". The finished quilt is 45" x 54" so Alexis can use it as a toddler as well.
I often enjoy adding the baby's name with free-pieced letters, sometimes on the back and this time on the front. There were eight animals in the panel, so I decided positioning her name in the middle would be a nice layout.
I had fun quilting lines, loops and hearts. I used some of each solid color for a multi-colored binding.
I haven't started working on my green scraps yet, but there is some green in this quilt, so linking up with RSC and Oh Scrap!


12 comments:
SEW super cute!! Congratulations on a darling quilt finish.
Beautiful and very cute quilt. Love the quilting!
Hi
Awesome quilt...your niece will love it.
Have a great day!
You have done a wonderful job, such a lovely baby quilt!
very very cute
Making baby quilts are so much fun! The size alone is a nice change from large quilts! This quilt is adorable and I love the background choice you made!
What a wonderful quilt for a new baby! I love your free form letters. Having it personalized will mean a lot to her family. And thanks for giving us the measurements, I'm always looking for new ideas for baby quilts.
I am getting ready to make a baby quilt from a panel of squares, your quilt has given me a great plan! Such a darling gift!
Oh my! This is a fabulous quilt. Good job free piecing the letters!
Very cute! Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!
Great Baby quilt. Love how the letters worked out.
Super cute! What a great way to welcome a new baby and a way to use a panel!
Post a Comment