Monday, August 11, 2008

Many Years in the Making

At least 11 years ago, before I moved to Connecticut I'm sure, I created a stack of 9-patches for a quilt I saw in a book. They all had green centers, and I looked for awhile for the perfect green fabric for some of the alternate blocks. However, even after I found a great textured green, I could never really decide if that was what I wanted to do with those nine patches. I agonized over it much more than necessary and they sat in a box. Being a big fan of many of Bonnie's designs at quiltville, I got the urge recently to make her sister's choice quilt, and decided to use up all those 9-patches, both in the squares and around the border. My 9-patches were 7.5" instead of 6", but only minor tweaking was required to adjust the pattern. I'm pleased that I used every single one, plus had to make 3 more to finish up the border. Just finished adding the binding. I just machine quilted it simply with wavy lines. I'm looking forward to enjoying this after it gets a bit cooler.


I found some great dot fabric in the Project Linus stash attic that inspired a few more bright tops - we'll tie them on Wednesday and they'll be on their way soon to cheer up a sick child!

No comments: