Sunday, September 28, 2008

Playing with strips

Not that I needed another project, of course, but I had been wanting to try the Crayon Box pattern from quiltville for awhile. I've been making some placemats for a town harvest festival, but was a little bored with the repetition, so I dipped into my strip bin and played. It's so bright and unmatched, but it makes me happy!


There are lots of little bits of fabrics with great memories. Even a bit from a dress my mother made for me in high school. I think I'll add a dark pink border, and quilt it on my friend's gammill with simple swirls and such. It will be a nice cuddle quilt for the sofa.

3 comments:

Carol E. said...

I love quilts like this, with so much to look at, and memories in the little fabric pieces. Nice job.

Sharon said...

This quilt is as happy a sight as a new box of crayons! I love it! You've got everything in there, and it makes a very happy, colorful mix. Great quilt top!

Browndirtcottage said...

i'm liking this colorful inspiration you created!!