

There was some sun outside in our snowy back yard, so I used the dog run wire to photograph some finishes. The TATW quilt which had languished in my "finished tops" box for several years (I used Bonnie's instructions) has finally been finished for my son's bed. It's got lots of brights and some novelty prints, perfect for a 7-yr-old. On the back is a 8x8 checkerboard, just the same width as his twin bed, so he can flip the quilt over and play checkers or chess on his bed whenever he chooses. This is his invention, and I think it's a pretty neat idea!

The next finished quilt is a charm quilt for our guild challenge in February. I used Bonnie's crayon box pattern, and every fabric is different, including the blues on the border and the pinks I used for the binding. It may end up as a comfort quilt someday, but for now my daughter wants it to throw over her reading chair. I love when my kids like what I make!!
I finished quilting my "Flowers Gone" quilt, just need to sew down the hanging sleeve. I should have plenty of time before our meeting next week.
4 comments:
Great Quilts and great idea with the checkerboard. It was sunny and warm here in CT today. Loved a little warmth.
What beautiful quilts in the sunshine! Good job on your finishes. And your son had a very clever idea!
Love the trip around the world quilt. The snow as a backdrop really shows off the wonderful colors you used.
Wonderful quilts. So bright and happy. I am now ready to quilt my Crayon Box.
I'm very curious about your 2009 WA swap block project. WA as in Washington state???
Post a Comment