I hope to make a monochromatic comfort quilt each month to support our guild outreach. I looked through my boxes of precut pieces for aqua, turquoise or sea green. I found some in the 2.5" x 6.5" and 2.5" x 8.5" piles, but not too many. When I expanded my color criteria to include greens and blues, I found enough to make 35 eight inch blocks which I finished into a charity quilt. I only needed about 1/2 yard of the cream fabric to finish the top. I still need to sew down the binding, but it's almost completed.
Our guild had a challenge this month to create a small quilt representing a letter or a number. I chose "B" and found many "B" images in my fabrics to add to my creation. The overall size is about 15" x 20".
My daughter has an out-of-town guest visiting, so the sewing room was transformed to the guest room. In picking up and putting away all my projects, I found a forgotten collection of aqua strings. There may be more string blocks in my future this month!
I'm linking up to RSC17 - check out all the other wonderful aqua creations!
7 comments:
I am an avid crumb and string block maker and love your aqua ones. The quilt is lovely, you put it together so fast! The B Quilt is great, like a Ticker tape one - another design I favour.
These are great ways of shifting scraps. I like the way you extended your colour range slightly to get enough blocks for a whole quilt.
I love your collection of string and crumb blocks! I'm making some of those this year, too. They're so versatile!
What fun blocks you made in the February RSC Color of the Month AND a quilt so close to done that I'm sure you can almost taste it!! Crumbs and Strings are some of my favorite blocks. The donation quilt looks AWESOME in your expanded color choices. Someone is going to be thrilled to receive such a beauty!
Love everything in this post. The scrappy blocks, a whole little teal/green/blue quilt - wow, and the letter 'B'- what a great idea.
Wonderful quickie quilt!
I am making string blocks as well for my RSC 2017! How fun! Looking forward to seeing the rest of your blocks as the year progresses!
Post a Comment