Saturday, February 11, 2017

Playing with Aqua

I added to my black, white and aqua blocks all week and decided to stop at 64 eight-inch blocks for a 64" square top. My daughter who has lots of aqua in her room has claimed this quilt ... I like making things my kids like. Thanks for the pattern, Alycia! Many of the aqua fabrics are leftovers from a quilt I made for her several years ago. Feels great to make this top completely from fabrics in my stash.



I sorted through my smaller aqua, turquoise and sea green scraps and found enough for a 18" inverted star block. I didn't make a purple one last month, but I think this will be one of my RSC17 projects. I have the pieces cut for a second aqua block, and these big blocks will make a fast top.



Be inspired by all the aqua and sea green projects at Angela's RSC17 link up!


10 comments:

a good yarn said...

Your inverted star looks great and your black/white/aqua blocks are going to make a striking quilt.

Betty C said...

Your rail quilt and star block are both very pretty

The Joyful Quilter said...

LOVE that your daughter fell in love with your AQUA quilt!! I've fallen in love with it, too. Didn't realize that you Inverted star block was 18". That's one way to make a quick quilt!!

Nell's Quilts said...

The inverted star block is quite dramatic. Isn't it wonderful to make what amounts to a free quilt from left over fabrics.

Chantal said...

Love the aqua quilt. Boy did you move fast. It's only the 11th of the month and you already have so much aqua blocks made. AND a star! Congrats on getting to the flimsy stage. ;^)

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh I love that quilt top!! what a great color combo!!! And your star! Beautiful!

Rachel said...

Lovely! It's cool that the two quilts will be "related" and the black and white makes the teal just pop! Very pretty star too!

Cherie in St Louis said...

It's the best when your kids claim one for themselves, isn't it? Nice quilt!

make.share.give said...

Very pretty! I have a picture of a similar black and white with pops of yellow.

Sandy Panagos said...

How cool that your daughter will have a second quilt from the same fabrics! Very nice quilt.