This yellow scrappy rail made a good dent in my bag of yellow scraps. I always try to use up larger pieces on the back, and this is no exception with pieces from one of the graduation quilts I made last year.
For years I have cut many of my scraps into usable sizes, inspired by Bonnie Hunter's scrap user system. My box of 4.5" squares was overflowing, so I pulled squares with blue and/or green for this scrappy quilt, anchored by the solid blue star. At least the lid on the 4.5" square box snaps securely now!
Check out other scrappy projects at Angela's blog. I'm looking forward to tackling some of my green scraps in March!
4 comments:
Love your scrappy creations. And thanks for mentioning Bonnie Hunter’s system. I’m trying to do a little organization for each month’s color. So far I have cut some squares and strings but am having trouble visualizing what sizes to use so that I will actually use them instead of store them.
Your scrappy comfort quilts are beautiful and such a good way to make a quilt with a certain color scheme! I especially love the one with the big star!
Both of those projects turned out GREAT!! Bonnie's system has served me well over the years. Glad to see it works for you, too.
I also use Bonnie's system but in a small way compared to other blogs I read! Don't have oceans of scraps or fabrics in my stash. I love the blue star quilt especially, it must be a fair size if each of the print squares started as 4.5" patches.
Post a Comment