Friday, April 10, 2020

Bee Fun

My husband keeps bees, so I've been enjoying all the bee fabric lines that are popular right now. I had an assortment of samples from the Andover Fabrics "Sunny Bee" collection and had fun making this modern square-in-square pattern (tutorial here.) I added a few fabrics to make 30 blocks, but I didn't have to look long to find several other bee-related hive fabrics in my stash along with some black and white prints that carried on the theme.



I quilted it with a large wonky ribbon candy design. Easy and fun for a donation quilt.




I finished the quilting and binding on my scrappy batik Urban Cabin (Atkinson Designs). I was glad to have a sunny day to photograph outside. I was pleasantly surprised that this project actually made visible dent in my batik bin. This will be donated to Habitat for Humanity for a new home dedication ceremony.


I quilted it with vines, swirls, berries and flowers.


Linking up with Alycia's Finished or Not Friday.

2 comments:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh those are both so great!! That Bee one is just so adorable - and your fabrics are so cool! and of course -batiks - LOVE that one too!

grammajudyb said...

The square in a square quilt is adorable! Thanks for the link to the tutorial!
I brave a bucket of batiks that would be perfect for the urban cabin quilt. I’ll have to see about ordering that pattern.
Great quilting on both,