I have been having fun with some border print fabrics donated to our guild. These ducks were the start for this strip quilt, and I found adding some coordinating fabrics quickly finished off this comfort quilt.
This sailboat border fabric had cute tossed sailboats in between the borders at each selvage edge. I used some of the tossed sailboats with the arrows, inspired by the Onward and Upward quilt pattern. (Available many places including here.) The half square triangle row is leftovers from the arrows. And I had fun making a few sailboats for the center strip of the quilt. This flimsy is ready for quilting, and there was just enough of the border fabric left for the backing.
I spent time working on a tote bag using some of my late father's ties. I used extra firm stabilizer, and zig-zagged the intact ties to this base. Horizontal on one side, vertical on the other. It is a nice firm tote, and I had some good memories of my dad while I sewed. It's ready to carry a project next time I get together with sewing friends.
And I continue to make a little house block each day while I stay at home during these strange times.

No comments:
Post a Comment