I have always liked fabrics in which the design is "tossed." It is easy to work with with and there is no need to pay attention to direction or if the fabric grain aligns with the printed design. These tossed rabbits worked perfectly with the twirling block in the
"Twirla" tutorial. I enjoyed pulling bright colors to coordinate with the rabbit print, and added a narrow sashing so the twirls float. My outer border was cut to use the last bit of this donated fabric, ending up with a finished 47" x 61" throw quilt.
Our guild was able to take 180 + comfort quilts to Paul Newman's Hole in the Wall Gang Camp this month. Even though the camp is closed, the director plans to send a care package to each camper which includes a quilt and a pillowcase.
This rabbit quilt will be added to our guild's donation for next year. I'm still busy quilting lots of client quilts, but I look forward to finishing this when I get caught up!
2 comments:
Super cute quilt top!! I have been thinking of trying that pattern soon. Your fun example only strengthens the desire to jump into this project. Thanks for sharing!
I agree with you - directional fabric is a pain, especially when you have to make backing. Your twirling swirling blocks are fun and bright. Such a sweet quilt!!!
Post a Comment