I am still doing a lot of client quilting, but I took a break to play in my scraps. These 14" blocks use twenty-one 2.5" x 4.5" rectangles and two 1.5" x 14.5" strips. Twelve blocks make a quick comfort quilt, and now the box closes easily.
Almost an eye-spy quilt, which I hope some young recipient will enjoy. Finished size 42" x 56".
Comfort quilt are a perfect place to audition quilting designs. A client wanted large spirals across her quilt, and I was deliberating what to do between the circles ... an overlapping large circle, or a diamond echo? I tried both on this quilt to see which I liked best, I don't think the comfort quilt recipient will mind that the quilting is varied.
By the way, I decided not to do either large circles nor diamond echos on the client quilt, but rather small circle spirals that that just touch the larger circles. The client and I are both happy with the results!
5 comments:
I love your scrappiness! I was just sewing mindlessly yesterday working with small scraps similar to yours. Not knowing exactly how I was going to set them. I like what you did, would you mind if I did mine like yours? It will be a donation quilt when I am done.
Great scrappy quilt. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!
What a great scrap eater quilt! I really like the diamond in between the swirls, but I'm sure the smaller swirl looked just as nice.
I really like that block design! Looks like a great way to combine lots of scraps and organize them with the white sashing.
What a great scrapbusting pattern! My scrap boxes (by size (color would be way too fiddly for me)) have been marinating for a long time, too.
Post a Comment