Sunday, January 31, 2021

Scrappy Batiks

 Several recent finishes made good use of batik scraps and I am pleased that my batik box is no long overflowing.



This quilt used 3" x 6" bricks arranged into twelve 12" blocks. Nothing fancy, but I like the look of all the batik colors scattered across the quilt. I quilted it with a freehand feather swirl. This 47" x 58" quilt will be donated through my guild.






This "Diamond Magic" pattern (Willow Brook Quilts) has been on my list for awhile. I bought the pattern at a cute quilt shop several years ago while visiting my father. I pieced the top last April to keep busy when all my usual activities were canceled. The pattern is illustrated with ombre fabrics, which look fantastic, but I decided to use some Anthology Batik sample fabrics with a black background. I quilted and finished the binding during my push to finish-lots-of-tops in December and January.


The extra pieces make a nice accent for the back. This 50" square quilt will be donated through my guild.

Linking up with Oh Scrap where I always find lots of inspiration!

8 comments:

scraphappy said...

What a fun pattern. So glad that you were able to get it finished up with the lower level of activities we've had recently. Love the extra blocks on the back. Always such a nice surprise.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Two super cute quilt finishes!!

Ramona said...

Diamond Magic is wonderful! I love how the blocks look like hearts. Great use of your batik scraps, too.

karenbbsnow said...

Beautiful, bright finishes. Great projects for these worrisome days.

Deb said...

The batik quilt is a beauty ! It feels so good to gets some finishes doesn't it! Stay safe and happy quilting!

Many Hands and Many Hearts said...

I adore that diamond magic quilt. What a unique design. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

WOW!!! Diamond magic looks so cool! The dark makes everything just pop!!!

Danice G said...

I love the Diamond Magic pattern and your quilt. That pattern is on the list as a must-have for sure.