Friday, January 9, 2009

Quick Baby Quilt


I learned about a new baby boy of a family friend in a Christmas card I received. Although I don't know the mother and child, the new baby's grandmother has been a dear friend to my grandmother. My grandmother (who is 99!) is not really able to make gifts at this point, although she is a very talented seamstress, knitter and quilter who taught me when I was young. I made this bright quilt from (another) pattern I had bookmarked years ago and and never tried. I love how it turned out! I choose colors to match the rocket fabric on the back, and I finished it simply envelope-style and with ties. I was glad I could find just the right fabrics in my stash. I put my name, my mother's name and my grandmother's name on the label so they will know it comes from all of us with love. I'm tucking into the package a doll quilt my daughter made for the new baby's big sister.

2 comments:

Carol E. said...

I love it! Beautiful colors!

Sharon said...

That's a very cute quilt! I love those colors too. It's also very sweet of you to make it for Mom and Baby, even though you don't personally know them.

And thanks for the link to the pattern. I've always wondered how to do one of those.