
At long last I finished the table runner from the Judy Neimeyer workshop this spring. It looks great in my dining room, and I had it finished for show and tell at our last guild meeting of the year. However, it paled in comparison to someone who had finished a bed-sized quilt of her design. Oh well, I enjoyed the runner size, but did not want to make any more so I'm satisfied with my completion. I was pleased with my quilting - simple stippling and following the star points, but it enhances the design.

Our Linus coordinator commented that we had many more girl quilts than boy quilts in our last delivery, so I started thinking "boy" in my Linus tops. I have a few boy novelty prints which I will make up soon. I also think this sailboat pattern is easy, great for a boy and can use scraps of any non-floral fabrics.

Finally, a sneak peak of my SFRR3 ... I finished the quilting and I love the result. I just need to finish sewing the label and hanging sleeve. It will be hard to send this on! I'll show the completed quilt after the recipient receives it.
3 comments:
You know I just love Judy's designs, and I just love your table runner!! It looks fantastic in two colors. Great job! Can't wait to see the entire quilt in the last photo.
Fabulous table runner! wowza! VERY NICE JOB! I love the two color combo. it really makes that runner very dramatic! POP!
I LOVE the boats! It is on my list to do. :-D
Post a Comment