Friday, July 10, 2020

Big Plus and Little Plus

It seems the backing pieces I trim after quilting are often roughly 4" wide. I have been cutting many of these trimmings into components for "plus" blocks. I cut two 3.5" squares and one 3.5" x 9.5" rectangle and toss them into my "plus" box. I put a note in my box that the last time it was emptied for a plus quilt was March 2019. Wanting some mindless scrappy sewing, I arranged the pieces on my design wall and started sewing rows.

Plus Quilt - 48" x 57"

A nice throw size for a donation, I'm sure anything I find in my backing box will "match"!

Feeling the need to completely empty the box and do a bit more mindless sewing, I arranged the remaining pieces into another plus quilt.

Plus Quilt - 39" x 45"

I won't even need to piece the backing for this little one. I'll find something bright and fun for this kid donation quilt.

Linking up with Sarah at Whoop Whoop Friday!


3 comments:

karenbbsnow said...

Both are so cute. Plus quilts are one of my favourite go to patterns.... Fun, colourful, quick and easy :)

Char said...

Great job! I love scrap quilts!

KatieQ said...

This is a great idea. I save my scraps in a fairly orderly fashion, but I have never thought of targeting them towards a particular pattern. The plus quilts look wonderful. I love that even though there is a great variety of colors and patterns, they all work together.