Sunday, July 19, 2020

Color Wash Squares

Sarah posted many wonderful donation quilt photos for Hands2Help 2020. A color-wash of squares caught my eye, and I opened up my box of scrappy 4.5" squares to give it a try. I have always been intrigued by color-wash quilts with tiny squares, but it was fun to get a similar effect with much less piecing. I hope whomever receives this cute donation quilt will have fun checking out all the novelty fabrics.


Color-wash Squares for donation, 48" x 56"

I quilted it with a simple meandering loop, and used two different green fabrics for the binding, one dark and one light.


In a continuing effort to use-what-I-have, I cleaned out some stash and pieced together some assorted green fabrics for the backing. It would be great if one of the campers who receives this quilt has a connection with Michigan or Michigan State since I included leftovers from a graduation quilt in the backing.


Linking up with Cynthia at Oh Scrap!



5 comments:

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Great donation quilt! I love all the novelty fabrics. I'm sure it will be well loved by the lucky child who receives it.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That is such a fun idea, and I love how it turned out! Did it take a long time to figure out the placement of your squares?

Rose said...

What a great use of novelty prints of which I have many.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Your quilt is SEW cute with those fussy cut bits. LOVE it!!

Many Hands and Many Hearts said...

Very fun little quilt. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!