Sunday, July 26, 2020

Bright Beads

I had a pile of bright samples from Kim Schaefer's Doodlicious Retro Fabric Collection (Andover)  and wanted to emphasize the fun prints in a donation quilt. (The samples were donated to our guild for comfort quilt use). I decided on a "Beads" design using a bright turquoise background fabric.

Beads is a 9-patch variation on point and pretty easy to figure out, but I referred to the free download from Jordan Fabrics just to double check my math. It would work great with a charm pack or layer cake.


Beads - 48" x 66", 8.5" blocks, for donation







The top is finished and the backing prepared, perhaps I will get it quilted this week. Since our guild is not distributing donation quilts right now, I have been having fun making tops and will need to have a finishing marathon later in the summer.

Linking up with Oh Scrap!

4 comments:

grammajudyb said...

That one is stunning. Someone is going to be excited to receive such a gorgeous quilt!

chrisknits said...

What a lovely top! It just pops on that blue.

The Joyful Quilter said...

That is going to be a such a cheerful donation quilt. Well done!!

Many Hands and Many Hearts said...

Love the blue background. Thanks for linking up with Oh Scrap!